Trusts, Estates, and Tax
Judy W. Keating
JENNIFER E. SMITH
Jennifer practices in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, tax planning wealth preservation, and fiduciary litigation. She advises clients on all aspects of estates and trusts, including wills, powers of attorney, probate and estate administration, and guardianships. In addition, Jennifer advises individuals, banks, and trust companies regarding trust modifications, terminations, mergers, decantings, nonjudicial settlements, and trust situs changes.
Jennifer is a published author and frequent speaker on issues and developments related to estate planning. She has presented at the Delaware Trust Conference, the Delaware Tax Institute, and the Southern Delaware Estate Planning Council.
Following law school, Jennifer served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard R. Cooch, Resident Judge for the New Castle County Superior Court of Delaware.
- United States District Court for the District of Delaware
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Emory University, B.A. Phi Beta Kappa
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, J.D.
- Villanova University School of Law, LL.M. (Taxation)
- Estate Planning Council of Delaware, Board of Directors
- Delaware State Bar Association, Tax Section, Past Chair
- Delaware State Chamber of Commerce, Tax Committee
- Society of Financial Service Professionals, Delaware Chapter
Personal and Community Activites
- Forum of Executive Women, Board of Directors