Trusts, Estates, and Tax
Judy W. Keating
KRISTEN W. POFF
Kristen practice focuses on Delaware trust and estate law, including estate planning and wealth transfer, estate and trust administration, and tax law. Kristen also represents fiduciaries and beneficiaries in the administration of estates and trusts in the Delaware Court of Chancery. In addition, Kristen is regularly involved in a variety of other trust matters, including trust modifications, terminations, mergers, decantings, nonjudicial settlement agreements, and trust situs changes.
During law school, Kristen served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Myron T. Steele, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Delaware. Following law school, Kristen was an associate in the Structure Finance and Alternative Entities group at Potter Anderson & Corroon LLP, where she gained extensive experience in transactional matters involving Delaware statutory trusts and other alternative entities, including the representation of banks and trust companies involved in asset securitizations and structured finance transactions. Kristen also worked in the Trust, Estates & Tax Department of Cooch and Taylor, P.A., and the Trust and Estates Department of Gordon, Fournaris & Mammarella, P.A.
- Delaware, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, 2007
- Widener University School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2006
- University of Delaware, Masters of Business Administration, 1998
- Wake Forest University, Bachelor of Science in Business, cum laude, 1996
- Delaware State Bar Association, Estates and Trusts Section, Member
- Ms. Poff co-authored Peierls of Wisdom: Analysis of the Delaware Supreme Court Opinions and Their Effect on the Migration of Trusts to Delaware, DEL. BANKER, Winter 2014 at 14.